Data Vortex eliminates network congestion
Supercomputing today is achieved by parallel computing among many processors connected by networks. The network is crucial for achieving real performance in parallel computing. Industry drives processor and memory capabilities, but networks are not keeping pace. Current supercomputing networks offer high theoretical performance but fail to scale on Hard Problems. Data Vortex offers an HPC system designed for data movement and designed for parallel computing to keep processors fully utilized.
What is the Data Vortex®?
- A patent-protected breakthrough in HPC processor-to-processor communication built around the revolutionary Data Vortex Switch and Data Vortex Interface Controllers (VICs)
- A mathematical topology mapped to a high radix network implemented with FPGA switches and interface cards optimized for massive communication
- A new series of fine-grained, scatter-gather supercomputing systems with a smaller footprint and lower power consumption
- A computing environment that facilitates efficient porting of existing software
The congestion-free Data Vortex network utilizes a large number of revolutionary switching devices governed by a new system of network controlling modules. Data Vortex enabled systems are built from off-the-shelf commodity parts resembling any other standard cluster but include integrated Data Vortex Interface Controllers (VICs) and Data Vortex Switch Boxes. As a result, commodity processors become fully utilized due to the patent-protected revolutionary interconnect that enables efficient communication between multiple processors.
Our systems include InfiniBand and Ethernet switches allowing programmers to immediately port their legacy code with no alteration, and then convert performance critical sections to the Data Vortex to achieve increased performance. All Data Vortex enabled systems employ the same programming model thus offering the first FULLY SCALABLE SOLUTION with better performance.
The innovative architecture shapes the form and function of supercomputing.
Data Vortex enables solutions to the world’s most complex computational problems.
Our systems deliver huge performance improvements for the Hard Problems.
Simple, natural programming models enable greater performance and solutions.
EXPORT ADMINISTRATION REGULATIONS classify Data Vortex technologies as follows:
- The DV206 System falls under EAR eCFR section 4A003
- Data Vortex Interconnect components fall under EAR eCFR section 3A001
- Data Vortex software falls under EAR eCFR 4D001
Citizens of the United States of America or those holding a United States of America Permanent Residence Card or “Green Card” and citizens of the following countries ARE permitted to view and discuss Data Vortex technology:
Citizens of all other the countries ARE NOT permitted to view and discuss Data Vortex technology.
Under no circumstances can Data Vortex technology be shown to citizens of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria.